Synonyms for aeronautics
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : air-uh-naw-tiks, -not-iks|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌɛər əˈnɔ tɪks, -ˈnɒt ɪks|
Définition of aeronauticsOrigin :
- 1824, from aeronautic (1784), from French aéronautique, from aéro- (see aero-) + nautique "of ships," from Latin nauticus, from Greek nautikos (see nautical). Originally of balloons. Also see -ics. Aeronaut "balloonist" is from 1784.
- noun science of flight
- It must be that some country has gained a big lead in aeronautics.
- Extract from : « Astounding Stories of Super-Science, November, 1930 » by Various
- I think that the stronghold of Inclusionism is in aeronautics.
- Extract from : « The Book of the Damned » by Charles Fort
- If aeronautics is to be made popular, every one must be able to take part in it.
- Extract from : « Opportunities in Aviation » by Arthur Sweetser
- The pioneers of aeronautics could not afford to lose friends; they had none too many.
- Extract from : « The War in the Air; Vol. 1 » by Walter Raleigh.
- These brothers were wealthy and full of enthusiasm for aeronautics.
- Extract from : « The Romance of Aircraft » by Lawrence Yard Smith
- Anybodyd think you were delivering a lecture on aeronautics, Jerry!
- Extract from : « The Motor Boys Over the Ocean » by Clarence Young
- I was going back to baths and decent food and aeronautics and Beatrice.
- Extract from : « Tono Bungay » by H. G. Wells
- Ned's father had been a consulting engineer with a fondness for aeronautics.
- Extract from : « The Air Ship Boys » by H.L. Sayler
- I have spent enough time with aeronautics—and those other things.
- Extract from : « When the Sleeper Wakes » by Herbert George Wells
- They wondered what their great-grandparents would have thought of aeronautics.
- Extract from : « The War in the Air » by Herbert George Wells
Words or expressions associated with your search
- aero dynamic
- aero space-medicine
- aerobic fitness
- aerobic shoe
- aerosol bomb
- aerosol can
- aerosol container
- aerosol dispenser
- aerospace medicine
- aerospace science
- aerospace technology
- more aerobic
- most aerobic
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019