Synonyms for aerobatics
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : air-uh-bat-iks|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌɛər əˈbæt ɪks|
Top 10 synonyms for aerobatics Other synonyms for the word aerobatics
Définition of aerobaticsOrigin :
- aircraft tricks, "trick flying," 1914, from aero- + ending from acrobat (also see -ics). Earlier (1879) it meant "the art of constructing and using airships; aerial navigation; aeronautics."
- As in gymnastics : noun acrobatic exercise
- Looping the loop, and other kinds of what are now called 'aerobatics', were habitually disparaged as idle spectacles.
- Extract from : « The War in the Air; Vol. 1 » by Walter Raleigh.
- The development of aerobatics, air fighting, and formation tactics brought many airmen into prominence.
- Extract from : « Aviation in Peace and War » by Sir Frederick Hugh Sykes
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019