Synonyms for absents
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : adjective, preposition ab-suhnt; verb ab-sent, ab-suhnt|
|Phonetic Transcription : adjective, preposition ˈæb sənt; verb æbˈsɛnt, ˈæb sənt|
Top 10 synonyms for absents Other synonyms for the word absents
- beat it
- cut and run
- cut out
- get away
- go away
- go forth
- hit the bricks
- hit the road
- hit the trail
- make a break
- march out
- move on
- move out
- sally forth
- say goodbye
- set forth
- shove off
- slip away
- start out
- take leave
Définition of absentsOrigin :
- "to keep away" (from), c.1400, from Middle French absenter, from Late Latin absentare "cause to be away," from Latin absentem (see absent (adj.)). Related: Absented; absenting.
- As in depart : verb leave, retreat
- How I grieve at whatever may be the cause which absents him from his family!
- Extract from : « The Diary and Letters of Madame D'Arblay, Vol. 1 (of 3) » by Fanny Burney
- Any scholar who absents himself at other times, even by leave, or breaks his leave, shall lose the time.
- Extract from : « The Story of the "Britannia" » by E. P. Statham
- He absents himself more and more from Beethovens lodgings and spends less and less time at his own.
- Extract from : « The Life of Ludwig van Beethoven, Volume III (of 3) » by Alexander Wheelock Thayer
- O woman, best are all things as the will of God ordains them; therefore go; for thy stay, not free, absents thee more.
- Extract from : « The Mormon Prophet and His Harem » by C.V. Waite
- The passenger who absents himself from the concert which all other passengers attend, is both impolite and ill-bred.
- Extract from : « Book of Etiquette, Volume 2 » by Lillian Eichler Watson
- Some castes fine a member who absents himself from the meeting.
- Extract from : « The Tribes and Castes of the Central Provinces of India--Volume I (of IV) » by R.V. Russell
- The Chevalier Bigot does not lose his politeness, however long he absents himself!
- Extract from : « The Golden Dog » by William Kirby
- And to this they added such compliments as: votre sant; Les absents nont pas toujours tort.
- Extract from : « From Paris to Pekin over Siberian Snows » by Victor Meignan
Antonyms for absents
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019