Synonyms for disappear
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : dis-uh-peer|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌdɪs əˈpɪər|
Top 10 synonyms for disappear Other synonyms for the word disappear
- be done for
- be gone
- be lost
- be no more
- be swallowed up
- cease to exist
- come to naught
- drop out of sight
- end gradually
- fade away
- go south
- leave no trace
- melt away
- pass away
- take flight
Définition of disappearOrigin :
- early 15c., disaperen, from dis- "do the opposite of" + appear. Earlier was disparish (early 15c.), from French disparaiss-, stem of disparaître. Related: Disappeared; disappearing; disappears. Slang disappearing act is originally of magic shows; in figurative sense of "getting away" first attested 1913.
- verb vanish; cease
- Mr. Tainter saw me disappear from the window, and at once spoke to the transmitter.
- Extract from : « Heroes of the Telegraph » by J. Munro
- Then he'd get the blame, and I'd disappear, never to be seen again.
- Extract from : « It Happened in Egypt » by C. N. Williamson
- The tropical forms all disappear in these zones, as the equatorial do in the tropical zones.
- Extract from : « Life: Its True Genesis » by R. W. Wright
- You said at the beginning that nothing was more difficult than to disappear.
- Extract from : « Jennie Baxter, Journalist » by Robert Barr
- No, I've got to disappear again, and they must think what they will.
- Extract from : « Frank Roscoe's Secret » by Allen Chapman
- At his approach the women and children will disappear into inner darkness.
- Extract from : « The Forest » by Stewart Edward White
- They live upon the meat, and only disappear when the meat is consumed.
- Extract from : « Scientific American Supplement, No. 417 » by Various
- In the same way he accepted that his father could disappear into walls.
- Extract from : « White Fang » by Jack London
- If he does so the dragons will draw in their tails and disappear.
- Extract from : « The Chinese Fairy Book » by Various
- She had had ample time to reach the next corner, and disappear in the darkness.
- Extract from : « The Film of Fear » by Arnold Fredericks
Antonyms for disappear
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019