Synonyms for absenting
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : adjective, preposition ab-suhnt; verb ab-sent, ab-suhnt|
|Phonetic Transcription : adjective, preposition ˈæb sənt; verb æbˈsɛnt, ˈæb sənt|
Top 10 synonyms for absenting Other synonyms for the word absenting
- beat it
- cut and run
- cut out
- get away
- go away
- go forth
- hit the bricks
- hit the road
- hit the trail
- make a break
- march out
- move on
- move out
- sally forth
- say goodbye
- set forth
- shove off
- slip away
- start out
- take leave
Définition of absentingOrigin :
- "to keep away" (from), c.1400, from Middle French absenter, from Late Latin absentare "cause to be away," from Latin absentem (see absent (adj.)). Related: Absented; absenting.
- As in depart : verb leave, retreat
- It is noteworthy that he was never fined for absenting himself as others were.
- Extract from : « Shakespeare's Family » by Mrs. C. C. Stopes
- Or has she another motive for absenting herself so frequently from her home?
- Extract from : « The Wild Huntress » by Mayne Reid
- I remember once absenting myself from civilization for weary months.
- Extract from : « Revolution and Other Essays » by Jack London
- Yet I suppose he was in the habit of absenting himself from home?
- Extract from : « The Leavenworth Case » by Anna Katherine Green
- You are going to desolate us, Jacintito, by absenting yourself?
- Extract from : « The Wolf Cub » by Patrick Casey
- Governor Osborne has his own reasons for absenting himself from his office.
- Extract from : « The Little Brown Jug at Kildare » by Meredith Nicholson
- Then little Joe Gander took to absenting himself from school.
- Extract from : « A Book of Ghosts » by Sabine Baring-Gould
- Mr. Noel, had you any special reason for absenting yourself?
- Extract from : « A Speckled Bird » by Augusta J. Evans Wilson
- I do not quite like your absenting yourself from that good old club, the Junto.
- Extract from : « Benjamin Franklin » by Frank Luther Mott
- Evidently he was pleased with me for absenting myself from Lydia.
- Extract from : « Who Goes There? » by Blackwood Ketcham Benson
Antonyms for absenting
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019