Synonyms for absented
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : adjective, preposition ab-suhnt; verb ab-sent, ab-suhnt|
|Phonetic Transcription : adjective, preposition ˈæb sənt; verb æbˈsɛnt, ˈæb sənt|
Top 10 synonyms for absented Other synonyms for the word absented
- beat it
- cut and run
- cut out
- get away
- go away
- go forth
- hit the bricks
- hit the road
- hit the trail
- make a break
- march out
- move on
- move out
- sally forth
- say goodbye
- set forth
- shove off
- slip away
- start out
- take leave
Définition of absentedOrigin :
- "to keep away" (from), c.1400, from Middle French absenter, from Late Latin absentare "cause to be away," from Latin absentem (see absent (adj.)). Related: Absented; absenting.
- As in depart : verb leave, retreat
- I avoided the house of Mr Clayton, and absented myself from his chapel.
- Extract from : « Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine, No. 327 » by Various
- He absented himself in thought, then came to life with a snap.
- Extract from : « Masters of Space » by Edward Elmer Smith
- Madeleine absented herself, and Bertha soon stole to her side.
- Extract from : « Fairy Fingers » by Anna Cora Mowatt Ritchie
- He absented himself from church; he met the young ladies no more.
- Extract from : « White Lies » by Charles Reade
- Feeling his guilt, he had absented himself from the house since his return from the ride.
- Extract from : « Clotelle » by William Wells Brown
- If for a time I have absented myself from her, it is to think and work for her redemption.
- Extract from : « Curious, if True » by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Harlan had not absented himself from the ranchhouse since the departure of Linton.
- Extract from : « 'Drag' Harlan » by Charles Alden Seltzer
- My God-like, the greatest of all the Riddles, absented himself, and did not vote at all.
- Extract from : « The Monikins » by J. Fenimore Cooper
- On a certain Sabbath morning I had absented myself from the synagogue.
- Extract from : « Against the Current » by Edward A. Steiner
- From her it was that they absented themselves, and I reported it to the Admiralty.
- Extract from : « The Life of Captain Matthew Flinders » by Ernest Scott
Antonyms for absented
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019