Synonyms for shellback
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : shel-bak|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈʃɛlˌbæk|
Top 10 synonyms for shellback Other synonyms for the word shellback
- able-bodied sailor
- deck hand
- master mariner
- old guard
- old hand
- old pro
- old salt
- old sea dog
- old soldier
- sea dog
- sea person
- water dog
Définition of shellback
- As in sailor : noun person who travels by sea
- As in veteran : noun person with much experience; particularly in war
- As in sea dog : noun experienced sailor
- As in jack : noun sailor
- Skinner, you don't suppose Matt's like every other shellback of a skipper?
- Extract from : « Cappy Ricks Retires » by Peter B. Kyne
- "There's never a flat foot nor a shellback but will tell you same thing, messmate," agreed Ferral heartily.
- Extract from : « Motor Matt's Hard Luck » by Stanley R. Matthews
- I s'pose she thought mebbe Parsonsbridge butter would churn easier than Shellback; I dono.
- Extract from : « Mrs. Tree » by Laura E. Richards
- And there are barrels of it in this town, Mr. Shellback Holmes, waiting to be converted into song.
- Extract from : « Anderson Crow, Detective » by George Barr McCutcheon
- The word was no sooner spoken than our shellback again excelled himself.
- Extract from : « A Labrador Doctor » by Wilfred Thomason Grenfell
Antonyms for shellback
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019