Synonyms for expert
|Grammar : Adj, noun|
|Spell : noun, verb ek-spurt; adjective ek-spurt, ik-spurt|
|Phonetic Transcription : noun, verb ˈɛk spɜrt; adjective ˈɛk spɜrt, ɪkˈspɜrt|
Top 10 synonyms for expert Other synonyms for the word expert
Définition of expertOrigin :
- late 14c., from Old French expert and directly from Latin expertus, past participle of experiri "to try, test" (see experience). The noun sense of "person wise through experience" existed 15c., reappeared 1825. Related: Expertly.
- adj knowledgeable, proficient
- noun master, specialist
- Two men look at it—the one with an expert knowledge of painting, the other with none.
- Extract from : « The Conquest of Fear » by Basil King
- Besides, a man must have an audience when he is an expert in swearing.
- Extract from : « In the Midst of Alarms » by Robert Barr
- Linda slid down the side of the canyon with the deftness of the expert.
- Extract from : « Her Father's Daughter » by Gene Stratton-Porter
- Becket was a tall, powerful man, expert in the use of weapons.
- Extract from : « Cameos from English History, from Rollo to Edward II » by Charlotte Mary Yonge
- If this is the case the expert's bill may readily run up to $50.
- Extract from : « Flying Machines » by W.J. Jackman and Thos. H. Russell
- This principle applies to every one: as well to the beginner as to the expert.
- Extract from : « The Leopard Woman » by Stewart Edward White
- That he should now rank as the most expert pilot on the station was quite to be expected.
- Extract from : « The Underdog » by F. Hopkinson Smith
- Pennington, who was an expert on weather, announced that another storm was coming.
- Extract from : « The Rock of Chickamauga » by Joseph A. Altsheler
- You are quite an expert ventriloquist, but you do not deceive me.
- Extract from : « The Gentleman From Indiana » by Booth Tarkington
- "But I do not expert to be a habitué of the smoking-room," said Miss Earle.
- Extract from : « In a Steamer Chair and Other Stories » by Robert Barr
Antonyms for expert
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019