Synonyms for revise
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : ri-vahyz|
|Phonetic Transcription : rɪˈvaɪz|
Top 10 synonyms for revise Other synonyms for the word revise
Définition of reviseOrigin :
- 1560s, "to look at again," from Middle French reviser (13c.), from Latin revisere "look at again, visit again, look back on," frequentative of revidere (past participle revisus), from re- "again" (see re-) + videre "to see" (see vision). Meaning "to look over again with intent to improve or amend" is recorded from 1590s. Related: Revised; revising.
- verb correct, edit
- In the face of this statement Mr. Hadley would do well to revise his figures.
- Extract from : « The Railroad Question » by William Larrabee
- You look in upon me in the evening, and we'll revise it together.
- Extract from : « Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine, Volume 58, Number 360, October 1845 » by Various
- We revise this latter part, and we say "for they shall be gods."
- Extract from : « Sex=The Unknown Quantity » by Ali Nomad
- He suggested that perhaps I might revise the parts in the light of the whole.
- Extract from : « Mind and Motion and Monism » by George John Romanes
- Paul began to revise his opinion as to the probable character of his associates.
- Extract from : « Despair's Last Journey » by David Christie Murray
- He would have to revise his notes of the man, that was plain.
- Extract from : « Sonnie-Boy's People » by James B. Connolly
- The other two papers I got to-day are given to revise, and are to be printed soon.
- Extract from : « Memoirs of the Jacobites of 1715 and 1745. » by Mrs. Thomson
- Here was expert opinion after a second revise, with help of water-marks!
- Extract from : « The Education of Henry Adams » by Henry Adams
- But when the second growth begun to show up red she had to revise her forecast.
- Extract from : « Torchy As A Pa » by Sewell Ford
- We are now required by candor and justice to revise such notions.
- Extract from : « India: What can it teach us? » by F. Max Mller
Antonyms for revise
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019