Synonyms for upgrade
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : noun uhp-greyd; adjective, adverb uhp-greyd; verb uhp-greyd, uhp-greyd|
|Phonetic Transcription : noun ˈʌpˌgreɪd; adjective, adverb ˈʌpˈgreɪd; verb ʌpˈgreɪd, ˈʌpˌgreɪd|
Top 10 synonyms for upgrade Other synonyms for the word upgrade
Définition of upgradeOrigin :
- 1873, "upward slope," from up + grade. The meaning "upgraded version" is recorded from 1980; the verb in this sense is attested from 1920 (implied in upgrading).
- verb improve
- That valley led into another with an upgrade, rocky and treacherous.
- Extract from : « The U.P. Trail » by Zane Grey
- Stocks opened the year very strong; the markets are upon an upgrade.
- Extract from : « The President » by Alfred Henry Lewis
- We have agreed with Bulgaria and Hungary to upgrade our legations to embassies.
- Extract from : « Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to 2006 » by Various
- But our fundamental goals must be to reduce dependency and upgrade the dignity of those who are infirm or disadvantaged.
- Extract from : « United States Presidents' Inaugural Speeches » by Various
- With a grinding roar, the motor struck the upgrade and came looming up the tunnel, filling it with its bulk.
- Extract from : « Atlantic Narratives » by Mary Antin
- Sellers being on the upgrade, a man with many pounds to his credit in the bank, had more leisure now.
- Extract from : « The Man Upstairs » by P. G. Wodehouse
- This was the last serious setback to their number; since that time the population has been on the upgrade.
- Extract from : « A Racial Study of the Fijians » by Norman E. Gabel
- Heavy loads could be deposited on the cars used on these roads, and on a level or on an upgrade horses could draw them with ease.
- Extract from : « Pilots of the Republic » by Archer Butler Hulbert
- As he swept upon the upgrade to the track, he heard from behind Peter Barrett's shout.
- Extract from : « The Boy Scouts of Lakeville High » by Leslie W. Quirk
- Raymond was urged to reconsider and to continue—the upgrade would soon be reached again.
- Extract from : « On the Stairs » by Henry B. Fuller
Antonyms for upgrade
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019