Synonyms for agronomy
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-gron-uh-mee|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈgrɒn ə mi|
Top 10 synonyms for agronomy Other synonyms for the word agronomy
Définition of agronomyOrigin :
- "science of land management for crop production," 1814, from French agronomie, from Greek agronomos "overseer of land," from agros "field" (see acre) + -nomos "law or custom, administering," related to nemein "manage" (see numismatics). Related: Agronomist; agronomic.
- As in cultivation : noun development of land for growing
- As in culture : noun development of land
- As in agriculture : noun farming, crop production
- As in farming : noun producing crops, raising animals
- Boys were schooled in agronomy, mechanics and animal husbandry and pursued individual projects in these fields.
- Extract from : « Frying Pan Farm » by Elizabeth Brown Pryor
- Even the chair of agronomy, the newest department of the colleges, must soon be separated into its units.
- Extract from : « Cornell Nature-Study Leaflets » by Various
- I remember me Dorothy, just the other day, when I still lectured on agronomy to farmer-boy students.
- Extract from : « The Jacket (The Star-Rover) » by Jack London
- There is no branch of agronomy in which science and practice are more closely connected than in that of fruit-growing.
- Extract from : « Fruits of Queensland » by Albert Benson
Antonyms for agronomy
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019