Synonyms for agriculture
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ag-ri-kuhl-cher|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈæg rɪˌkʌl tʃər|
Définition of agricultureOrigin :
- mid-15c., from Late Latin agricultura "cultivation of the land," compound of agri cultura "cultivation of land," from agri, genitive of ager "a field" (see acre) + cultura "cultivation" (see culture (n.)). In Old English, the idea was expressed by eorðtilþ.
- noun farming, crop production
- We have made enormous strides in science and industry and agriculture.
- Extract from : « United States Presidents' Inaugural Speeches » by Various
- One son, Norman A., is engaged in agriculture in the neighborhood of the city.
- Extract from : « Cleveland Past and Present » by Maurice Joblin
- Agriculture, gardening, and the chase had not absorbed all the strength at our disposal.
- Extract from : « Freeland » by Theodor Hertzka
- He had devoted himself to agriculture—to agriculture in the Chamber.
- Extract from : « A Comedy of Marriage and Other Tales » by Guy De Maupassant
- There are several ways in which agriculture may be attacked.
- Extract from : « Punchinello, Vol. 1, No. 16, July 16, 1870 » by Various
- Our agriculture is precarious, and 27 every carrot is bought by the sweat of our brow.
- Extract from : « Mountain Meditations » by L. Lind-af-Hageby
- This section is especially rich in industries, mines, and agriculture.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Great War, Volume II (of VIII) » by Various
- The list of labor-saving machinery in agriculture is by no means exhausted.
- Extract from : « The Age of Invention » by Holland Thompson
- In vain it was wisely urged that protection to commerce is protection to agriculture.
- Extract from : « Harper's Young People, August 10, 1880 » by Various
- Is knowledge—a knowledge of those sciences which are intimately connected with agriculture as an art—of no value to the farmer?
- Extract from : « Address delivered by Hon. Henry H. Crapo, Governor of Michigan, before the Central Michigan Agricultural Society, at their Sheep-shearing Exhibition held at the Agricultural College Farm, on Thursday, May 24th, 1866 » by Henry Howland Crapo
Words or expressions associated with your search
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019