Synonyms for agent provocateur
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ey-juh nt pruh-vok-uh-tur; French a-zhahn praw-vaw-ka-tœr|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈeɪ dʒənt prəˌvɒk əˈtɜr; French a ʒɑ̃ prɔ vɔ kaˈtœr|
Top 10 synonyms for agent provocateur
Définition of agent provocateur
- noun secret agent
- The proper business of an ‘agent provocateur’ is to provoke.
- Extract from : « The Secret Agent » by Joseph Conrad
- Galban seized the opportunity to bring his talents as agent provocateur into the field.
- Extract from : « The Green Book » by Mr Jkai
- I was looking about to find the German agent provocateur, but I failed to find him.
- Extract from : « Spies of the Kaiser » by William Le Queux
- Was Reese merely a "stool pigeon" or was he an "agent provocateur?"
- Extract from : « The Everett massacre » by Walker C. Smith
- The seditious placards posted up at Norwich may have been the work of some fanatic or of an agent provocateur.
- Extract from : « William Pitt and the Great War » by John Holland Rose
- They seem to find some pleasure in admiring him in the part of Agent provocateur.
- Extract from : « Bismarck and the Foundation of the German Empire » by James Wycliffe Headlam
- The reason you brought this agent provocateur, this Trotskyite wrecker, to this position of ridiculous power.
- Extract from : « Expediter » by Dallas McCord Reynolds
- My answer was that a study of many labor cases had taught me the methods of the agent provocateur.
- Extract from : « The Profits of Religion, Fifth Edition » by Upton Sinclair
- The spy, the paid informer, the agent provocateur, play the same part now as in the sixteenth century.
- Extract from : « Ten Tudor Statesmen » by Arthur D. Innes
- He found discrepancies in the accounts, and intimated that the Government had adopted the odious rôle of the agent provocateur.
- Extract from : « The Annual Register 1914 » by Anonymous
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019