Synonyms for adhesiveness
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ad-hee-siv, -ziv|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈhi sɪv, -zɪv|
Top 10 synonyms for adhesiveness Other synonyms for the word adhesiveness
Définition of adhesivenessOrigin :
- 1660s, from French adhésif, formed in French from Latin adhaes-, past participle stem of adhaere (see adherent).
- As in stickiness : noun cohesion
- As in viscosity : noun stickiness
- As in glutinousness : noun viscosity
- As in viscidity : noun viscosity
- As in adhesion : noun holding fast
- Acquisitiveness is an essential trait of aristocracy, and adhesiveness of its perpetuity.
- Extract from : « The Origin of Man and of his Superstitions » by Carveth Read
- Directly above Inhabitiveness and Adhesiveness, Continuity is located.
- Extract from : « The Illustrated Self-Instructor in Phrenology and Physiology » by O. S. Fowler
- I mention this incident to give an idea of the adhesiveness of the glue used in the construction of Swifts' nests.
- Extract from : « Bird Lore, Volume I--1899 » by Various
- A little boiled rice flour improves its adhesiveness for indoor use.
- Extract from : « The Choctaw Freedmen » by Robert Elliott Flickinger
- Fipps was a man of cosmopolitan tastes, and he had not the phrenological organs of locality and adhesiveness largely developed.
- Extract from : « Secret Service or Recollections of a City Detective » by Andrew Forrester
- To prevent this and to increase its adhesiveness it is sometimes mixed with a little gum.
- Extract from : « Practical Lithography » by Alfred Seymour
- Though the root-meaning seems rather that of clamminess or adhesiveness, as found in Sansc.
- Extract from : « The River-Names of Europe » by Robert Ferguson
- The true location of acquisitiveness is anterior to combativeness, and lower than adhesiveness.
- Extract from : « Buchanan's Journal of Man, October 1887 » by Various
- Secretiveness shows opacity, while Combativeness shows intense activity which extends into Adhesiveness and cautiousness.
- Extract from : « Buchanan's Journal of Man, August 1887 » by Various
- Linseed oils, raw and boiled, which are used to give consistency, adhesiveness and also elasticity to the coat when dry.
- Extract from : « Handwork in Wood » by William Noyes
Words or expressions associated with your search
- adhere rules
- adhere to
- adhere to rules
- adhered rules
- adhered to
- adheres rules
- adheres to
- adheres to rules
- adhering rules
- adhering to rules
- adhesive bandage
- adhesive tape
- non adhering
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019