Synonyms for adhesion
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ad-hee-zhuh n|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈhi ʒən|
Définition of adhesionOrigin :
- 1620s, from French adhésion or directly from Latin adhaesionem (nominative adhaesio) "a sticking to," noun of action from past participle stem of adhaerare (see adherent).
- Adhesion is generally used in the material, and adherence in the metaphysical sense. [Johnson]
- noun holding fast
- So to a man they gave in their adhesion in that quarter of the country.
- Extract from : « Anabasis » by Xenophon
- The pleura and diaphragm also showed a good deal of disease and some adhesion.
- Extract from : « Cattle and Their Diseases » by Robert Jennings
- The adhesion of Richelieu and the advocacy of Chapelain insured their triumph.
- Extract from : « A History of French Literature » by Edward Dowden
- With the adhesion of New York all serious anxiety came to an end.
- Extract from : « The Critical Period of American History » by John Fiske
- It is the adhesion of woman to this view of the case which puzzles us a little at first.
- Extract from : « Modern Women and What is Said of Them » by Anonymous
- The protocol was converted into a treaty by the adhesion of Belgium on November 15.
- Extract from : « The Political History of England - Vol XI » by George Brodrick
- In other instances it is due to an adhesion of the pedicel to the side of the fruit.
- Extract from : « Vegetable Teratology » by Maxwell T. Masters
- Upon the establishment of the Empire he gave his adhesion to Napoleon.
- Extract from : « Louis Philippe » by John S. C. (John Stevens Cabot) Abbott
- And no doubt up to this point he gave his adhesion to the words of the preacher.
- Extract from : « Royal Edinburgh » by Margaret Oliphant
- The attendant judges, each in his place, now added their adhesion.
- Extract from : « Jeanne d'Arc » by Mrs.(Margaret) Oliphant
Words or expressions associated with your search
- adhere rules
- adhere to
- adhere to rules
- adhered rules
- adhered to
- adhered to rules
- adheres rules
- adheres to
- adheres to rules
- adhering rules
- adhering to rules
- adhesive bandage
- non adhering
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019