Synonyms for adhered
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : ad-heer|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈhɪər|
Définition of adheredOrigin :
- 1590s, from Middle French adhérer (15c.) or directly from Latin adhaerare "to stick to" (see adherent). Originally often of persons, "to cleave to a leader, cause, party, etc." (cf. adherent, still often used in this sense). Related: Adhered; adhering.
- adj stuck to
- If this resolution be adhered to, then will my father never see me more!
- Extract from : « Clarissa, Volume 1 (of 9) » by Samuel Richardson
- In our textbook we have adhered to the same plan of division.
- Extract from : « Introductory American History » by Henry Eldridge Bourne
- In short, she adhered as resolutely to her determination as ever.
- Extract from : « Graham's Magazine Vol XXXII. No. 5. May 1848 » by Various
- One particle which had adhered to his thumb he removed with his forefinger.
- Extract from : « Abbe Mouret's Transgression » by Emile Zola
- It was inculcated by Washington; it has been adhered to by his successors ever since.
- Extract from : « Latin America and the United States » by Elihu Root
- At first it was a fine sprinkle that made a snow-mist, and adhered wherever it fell.
- Extract from : « The Eternal City » by Hall Caine
- It must, nevertheless, be adhered to if the ideal of our democracy is not to be abandoned.
- Extract from : « Herbert Hoover » by Vernon Kellogg
- No, the old time will be adhered to just as if it was cold and wet and freezing.
- Extract from : « Ireland as It Is » by Robert John Buckley (AKA R.J.B.)
- The House refused to concur, and the Senate adhered to its former action.
- Extract from : « The History of Woman Suffrage, Volume IV » by Various
- They had no religious creed to which they adhered with any tenacity.
- Extract from : « Ferdinand De Soto, The Discoverer of the Mississippi » by John S. C. Abbott
Words or expressions associated with your search
- adhere rules
- adhere to
- adhere to rules
- adhered rules
- adhered to
- adheres rules
- adheres to
- adheres to rules
- adhering rules
- adhering to rules
- adhesive bandage
- adhesive tape
- non adhering
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019