Synonyms for acquittance
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-kwit-ns|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈkwɪt ns|
Top 10 synonyms for acquittance
- carrying out
- money back
Définition of acquittance
- As in observance : noun attention to, knowledge of something
- As in refund : noun returned money
- As in release : noun delivery; dispensation
- As in exculpation : noun clearing from accusation
- In that case the acquittance falls on the land, and not on the person.
- Extract from : « The Common Law » by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- So I sente my acquittance, for they said without mine ther would be no end made (& ther was good reason for it).
- Extract from : « Bradford's History of 'Plimoth Plantation' » by William Bradford
- Bodlyes Chest, as appeares by Dr. Chaworthes acquittance in the same box.'
- Extract from : « Annals of the Bodleian Library, Oxford, A.D. 1598-A.D. 1867 » by William Dunn Macray
- Neither party denied this acquittance given in the King's name by the justiciary Richard de Luci.
- Extract from : « Life of Thomas Becket » by Henry Hart Milman
- Pray settle accompts with Barnes; take what money of mine is in his hands, and give him acquittance.
- Extract from : « The Expedition of Humphry Clinker » by Tobias Smollett
- Then seeing that I waited (for they had forgot to give me my acquittance), they dropped talking suddenly.
- Extract from : « Sir Ludar » by Talbot Baines Reed
Antonyms for acquittance
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019