Synonyms for absolution
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ab-suh-loo-shuh n|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌæb səˈlu ʃən|
Définition of absolutionOrigin :
- "remission, forgiveness," c.1200, from Old French absolucion, earlier assolucion, from Latin absolutionem (nominative absolutio) "completion, acquittal," noun of action from past participle stem of absolvere "to absolve" (see absolve). Originally of sins; in general use from c.1400.
- noun forgiveness
- Special assurance of forgiveness is also given in Confession and Absolution.
- Extract from : « An Explanation of Luther's Small Catechism » by Joseph Stump
- To the priest who gave her absolution she said, "I am dying because I listened to and believed the demon."
- Extract from : « My Double Life » by Sarah Bernhardt
- And as yet I had received no absolution for the mortal offences I had committed at Piacenza.
- Extract from : « The Strolling Saint » by Raphael Sabatini
- After Fra Antonio's brave attempt at absolution, the woman had fainted.
- Extract from : « Sir Henry Morgan, Buccaneer » by Cyrus Townsend Brady
- He burrowed deep, deep, in the hope of my absolution, which would have been of no good to him.
- Extract from : « Lord Jim » by Joseph Conrad
- This evidence in her hand was like an absolution; it left him without a stain.
- Extract from : « Trail's End » by George W. Ogden
- And now for your soul's health I will give you all absolution.
- Extract from : « Myths and Legends of All Nations » by Various
- All his anticipations had returned; it was the absolution and not the communion which had worked.
- Extract from : « En Route » by J.-K. (Joris-Karl) Huysmans
- Absolution was hard to get from him, and not to be had on any terms but those of severe penance.
- Extract from : « Earl Hubert's Daughter » by Emily Sarah Holt
- Hugh promptly gave the absolution, and then asked if the body were yet buried.
- Extract from : « Hugh, Bishop of Lincoln » by Charles L. Marson
Words or expressions associated with your search
- Absolute Being
- absolute beings
- absolute indication
- absolute interest
- absolute monarchy
- absolute pointing device
- absolute power
- absolute rule
- absolute ruler
- absolute veto
- absolute zero
- absolutelied not
- absolutelies not
- absolutely not
- absolutely right
- absolutelying not
- absorb liquid duster
- be absorbed in
- not absolute
- not absolutely
- was absorbed in
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019