Synonyms for absorptive
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : ab-sawrp-tiv, -zawrp-|
|Phonetic Transcription : æbˈsɔrp tɪv, -ˈzɔrp-|
Définition of absorptive
- adj absorbent
- Why does under-draining increase the absorptive power of the soil?
- Extract from : « The Elements of Agriculture » by George E. Waring
- Perhaps a dark ring of absorptive or occulting matter encircles the nebula in nearly the same plane with the luminous whorls.
- Extract from : « Astronomy » by David Todd
- For more complex molecules the radiative and absorptive powers are known to be much greater.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 5, Slice 1 » by Various
- This belief in the absorptive virtue of the onion is prevalent even at the present day.
- Extract from : « Folk Lore » by James Napier
- All were accepted and intermingling components of a forming society, plastic and absorptive.
- Extract from : « The Frontier in American History » by Frederick Jackson Turner
- To reduce the reflection to the absolute minimum, the ships had each been painted with a 99% absorptive black.
- Extract from : « The Black Star Passes » by John W Campbell
- The new element became at once the vitalizing power of the "absorptive" or subjugated race.
- Extract from : « The Quest for a Lost Race » by Thomas E. Pickett
- Determining, moreover, the absorptive power of those powders, it is found to go hand-in-hand with their radiative power.
- Extract from : « Fragments of science, V. 1-2 » by John Tyndall
- It has, furthermore, been proved that the absorptive property of substances increases as their reflecting qualities diminish.
- Extract from : « Scientific American, Vol.22, No. 1, January 1, 1870 » by Various
- A deep and absorptive subsoil returns water to the surface, by capillary action, as it is needed.
- Extract from : « Ontario Teachers' Manuals: Nature Study » by Ontario Ministry of Education
Words or expressions associated with your search
- Absolute Being
- absolute beings
- absolute indication
- absolute interest
- absolute monarchy
- absolute pointing device
- absolute power
- absolute rule
- absolute ruler
- absolute zero
- absolutelied not
- absolutelies not
- absolutely not
- absolutely right
- absolutelying not
- absorb liquid duster
- be absorbed in
- not absolute
- not absolutely
- was absorbed in
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019