Antonyms for nonentities
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : non-en-ti-tee|
|Phonetic Transcription : nɒnˈɛn tɪ ti|
Definition of nonentities
- noun person of little importance
- noun nonexistent thing
- noun nullity
- Nonentities are not perceivable, and therefore not thinkable.
- Extract from : « The Christian Foundation, Or, Scientific and Religious Journal, Volume I, No. 7, July, 1880 » by Various
- It is more fun having notable people about than nonentities.
- Extract from : « Dodo Wonders » by E. F. Benson
- He preferred to work with nonentities, because they feared and obeyed him.
- Extract from : « A History of England » by Charles Oman
- The other characters of the play, with the exception of the two principal, are nonentities.
- Extract from : « Bentley's Miscellany, Volume II » by Various
- Nonentities are never slandered; they chafe because they are left in peace.
- Extract from : « The Collection of Antiquities » by Honore de Balzac
- The squire of a neighbouring village, who had been a long time in the number of nonentities, is entirely recovered by them.
- Extract from : « The Tatler, Volume 3 » by Various
- Those were the days of heroes and nonentities; soaring heroes, crawling nonentities.
- Extract from : « Great Ralegh » by Hugh De Selincourt
- And yet our annual picture exhibitions are crowded with the portraits of these nonentities.
- Extract from : « An Englishman in Paris » by Albert D. (Albert Dresden) Vandam
- The specialists view of the world logically narrows itself down to a race of nonentities for nothings.
- Extract from : « The Lost Art of Reading » by Gerald Stanley Lee
- Yet nonentities retained their commands, and they ruined the troops and the operations.
- Extract from : « The Russian Turmoil » by Anton Ivanovich Denikin
Synonyms for nonentities
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019