Synonyms for squirt
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : skwurt|
|Phonetic Transcription : skwɜrt|
Top 10 synonyms for squirt Other synonyms for the word squirt
Définition of squirtOrigin :
- mid-15c., squyrten "eject water in a jet," of uncertain origin, probably imitative. Related: Squirted; squirting.
- verb squeeze out liquid
- Thank you, Boy, for not letting them squirt water on my dolly's clean dress.
- Extract from : « The Harbor » by Ernest Poole
- As well might Hercules have attempted to tidy up the Augean stables with a squirt.
- Extract from : « Diary of a Pilgrimage » by Jerome K. Jerome
- I charged the squirt and let fly, and again, and again, as quick as I could fill it.
- Extract from : « The Five Jars » by Montague Rhodes James
- I know what you are thinking—you're thinking this is a squirt.
- Extract from : « The Poet at the Breakfast Table » by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- And if I were you, I'd take a light garden-engine, full of water, to squirt at the enemy.
- Extract from : « Prince Prigio » by Andrew Lang
- Some elephants would have done worse than just to squirt water on you.
- Extract from : « Tum Tum, the Jolly Elephant » by Richard Barnum
- So the crew continued to squirt water, though most of it did little good.
- Extract from : « The Motor Boys Overland » by Clarence Young
- They squirt venom from the attic into the gutter, and nobody is ever hurt.
- Extract from : « The Hypocrite » by Cyril Arthur Edward Ranger Gull
- However, not one of them moved him so much as to fetch one squirt of tobacco-juice.
- Extract from : « The Maid of Sker » by Richard Doddridge Blackmore
- The first squirt of the haggis is always the hottest, as the other man said.
- Extract from : « The Shoes of Fortune » by Neil Munro
Antonyms for squirt
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019