Synonyms for wrap
|Grammar : Noun, verb|
|Spell : rap|
|Phonetic Transcription : ræp|
Top 10 synonyms for wrap Other synonyms for the word wrap
Définition of wrapOrigin :
- early 14c., wrappen, of uncertain etymology, perhaps via Scandinavian (cf. Danish dialectal vravle "to wind"), ultimately from PIE *werp- "to turn, wind" (cf. Greek rhaptein "to sew"), from root *wer- (3) "to turn, bend" (see versus). Related: Wrapped; wrapping.
- noun clothing that is worn over for warmth
- verb surround with a covering
- Wrap in a strip of gauze or cheesecloth and place in a steamer.
- Extract from : « Woman's Institute Library of Cookery, Vol. 3 » by Woman's Institute of Domestic Arts and Sciences
- I was too busy takin' a wrap on Lucretia; she was gettin' a bit out of hand.
- Extract from : « Thoroughbreds » by W. A. Fraser
- The wind was keen, and I had to wrap myself well in my cloak.
- Extract from : « Ranald Bannerman's Boyhood » by George MacDonald
- Will you have my cap or my scarf in which to wrap your feet and warm them?
- Extract from : « St. Nicholas Magazine for Boys and Girls, Vol. V, August, 1878, No 10. » by Various
- He tried to wrap himself up and lie down as before, but could no longer do so.
- Extract from : « Master and Man » by Leo Tolstoy
- In the cloak-room the latter watched her friend curiously as she arranged her wrap.
- Extract from : « The Avenger » by E. Phillips Oppenheim
- "Do you wrap this about you," I urged her, and with my own hands I assisted to enfold her in that mantle.
- Extract from : « The Shame of Motley » by Raphael Sabatini
- Then she put out her hand for her wrap, and as she paused, he spread it over her shoulders.
- Extract from : « The Market-Place » by Harold Frederic
- Wrap the skull muscles on with excelsior rolled in palms of hands.
- Extract from : « Taxidermy » by Leon Luther Pray
- She had thrown a wrap about her and drawn the hood over her head.
- Extract from : « The Destroyer » by Burton Egbert Stevenson
Antonyms for wrap
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019