Synonyms for unclothe
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : uhn-klohth|
|Phonetic Transcription : ʌnˈkloʊð|
Top 10 synonyms for unclothe Other synonyms for the word unclothe
Définition of unclotheOrigin :
- c.1300, uncloþe (transitive), from un- (2) + clothe (v.). Refl. sense is attested from late 14c. Related: Unclothed; unclothing.
- verb reveal
- verb strip
- We unfold the hidden operations, the very arcana of Nature, whom we unclothe as it were to her very nakedness.
- Extract from : « Traditions of Lancashire, Volume 2 (of 2) » by John Roby
- We uncover, indeed we unclothe an ugly, pot-bellied, pale-orange larva.
- Extract from : « The Glow-Worm and Other Beetles » by Jean Henri Fabre
- One day he made me unclothe myself; I fainted when I must let my body linen fall: he revived me with salts and flasks.
- Extract from : « The Legend of Ulenspiegel, Vol. II (of 2) » by Charles de Coster
Antonyms for unclothe
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019