Synonyms for paralleling
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : par-uh-lel, -luhl|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈpær əˌlɛl, -ləl|
Top 10 synonyms for paralleling Other synonyms for the word paralleling
Définition of parallelingOrigin :
- 1590s, from parallel (n.).
- verb be alike
- At this point Dick and Deuce, who had been paralleling through the woods, joined us.
- Extract from : « The Forest » by Stewart Edward White
- There was nothing there, but on the sand, paralleling mine, were footprints.
- Extract from : « The Dope on Mars » by John Michael Sharkey
- Her course, paralleling that taken by Holton, was about ten yards to the left of it.
- Extract from : « Otherwise Phyllis » by Meredith Nicholson
- Paralleling this stream at the distance of about ten miles is the intense Merced.
- Extract from : « Your National Parks » by Enos A. Mills
- They want straightening and paralleling, if we may so express it.
- Extract from : « Science and Practice in Farm Cultivation » by James Buckman
- This skiff was not headed for land, but was paralleling the shore.
- Extract from : « Lad: A Dog » by Albert Payson Terhune
- Now, paralleling us at just over two hundred miles, the giant ship spun along, at rest relative to us.
- Extract from : « Greylorn » by John Keith Laumer
- The two lines slowly approached each other, paralleling the shore.
- Extract from : « The Ethical Engineer » by Henry Maxwell Dempsey
- Paralleling and supplementing family and village, the hui won for itself an unchallenged place in the Chinese social structure.
- Extract from : « Government in Republican China » by Paul Myron Anthony Linebarger
- This paralleling with other typical formations only serves for a widening of the basis upon which the construction is to be built.
- Extract from : « Collected Papers on Analytical Psychology » by C. G. Jung
Antonyms for paralleling
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019