Synonyms for paper-thin
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : pey-per-thin|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈpeɪ pərˈθɪn|
Top 10 synonyms for paper-thin Other synonyms for the word paper-thin
Définition of paper-thin
- As in paper : adj thin, flimsy
- As in thin : adj transparent, fine
- There was no paper-thin covering on her chairs, bed, and dressing table.
- Extract from : « The Harvester » by Gene Stratton Porter
- But I was told that in this country somewhere are Giants with sweet, hard kernels which fill up their paper-thin shell fully.
- Extract from : « Northern Nut Growers Association Report of the Proceedings at the Twenty-Fifth Annual Meeting » by Northern Nut Growers Association
- The bony part of the tooth, on the other hand, starts as a paper-thin sheet, but full sized.
- Extract from : « Natural Wonders » by Edwin Tenney Brewster
- Meantime won't somebody give me another cup of coffee and about a dozen more rashers of that paper-thin bacon?
- Extract from : « Camp Venture » by George Cary Eggleston
- The paper-thin walls permitted you to hear them living the most intimate details of their lives.
- Extract from : « Gigolo » by Edna Ferber
- The cord had been passed through holes in a square of paper-thin birch bark.
- Extract from : « The Secret Cache » by E. C. [Ethel Claire] Brill
- It came apart easily, a shell of paper-thin but remarkably strong metal, protecting the tightly packed contents.
- Extract from : « Gold in the Sky » by Alan Edward Nourse
- This place didn't have anything excepting a lonely shack with paper-thin walls made of special heat-insulating material.
- Extract from : « The Minus Woman » by Russell Robert Winterbotham
- None of your featherweight, gas-lightened, paper-thin alloy shells, but toughened aluminum from stern to stern.
- Extract from : « Friend Island » by Francis Stevens
- A clamp of artificial matter took it, and held the paper-thin sheet, many feet square, in the air.
- Extract from : « Invaders from the Infinite » by John Wood Campbell
Antonyms for paper-thin
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019