Synonyms for insignificant
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : in-sig-nif-i-kuhnt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌɪn sɪgˈnɪf ɪ kənt|
Top 10 synonyms for insignificant
Définition of insignificantOrigin :
- 1650s, from in- (1) "not, opposite of" + significant. Related: Insignificantly.
- adj not important; of no consequence
- All precepts, all religions, are insignificant agencies by their side.
- Extract from : « Hetty's Strange History » by Anonymous
- That Mlle. Bernhardt should be insignificant does not much matter.
- Extract from : « My Double Life » by Sarah Bernhardt
- If any man call these things foolishness, his judgement is to me insignificant.
- Extract from : « A Dish Of Orts » by George MacDonald
- What is my insignificant life, when weighed against the happiness of Arvon?
- Extract from : « Imogen » by William Godwin
- No matter how slight or insignificant your eye trouble may seem.
- Extract from : « The Mayflower, January, 1905 » by Various
- The Spanish nuns are, absolutely, some of the most insignificant of beings.
- Extract from : « Roman Catholicism in Spain » by Anonymous
- It seemed to him but an insignificant island, and he called it Zeta.
- Extract from : « Christopher Columbus and His Monument Columbia » by Various
- His presence was hardly noticed at first, so insignificant was the man.
- Extract from : « The Captain of the Pole-Star and Other Tales » by Arthur Conan Doyle
- No action was too small, no emotion too insignificant, for his uncompromising realism.
- Extract from : « Audrey Craven » by May Sinclair
- Cats may look at kings, and the most insignificant persons may talk of Emperors.
- Extract from : « The Princess Virginia » by C. N. Williamson
Antonyms for insignificant
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019