Synonyms for ineffective
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : in-i-fek-tiv|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌɪn ɪˈfɛk tɪv|
Top 10 synonyms for ineffective Other synonyms for the word ineffective
- no go
- no way
- not effective
Définition of ineffectiveOrigin :
- 1650s, from in- (1) "not, opposite of" + effective. Related: Ineffectively; ineffectiveness.
- adj useless
- The enemy, surprised, opened an irregular and ineffective fire.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Malakand Field Force » by Sir Winston S. Churchill
- The presence of your ship in the field distorted it so much that it was ineffective.
- Extract from : « In the Orbit of Saturn » by Roman Frederick Starzl
- He ceased the ineffective fire of his men and brought them together.
- Extract from : « The Twins of Suffering Creek » by Ridgwell Cullum
- The air was very still, there was no breeze, but the match was ineffective.
- Extract from : « The Paliser case » by Edgar Saltus
- Against his ineffective reluctance she put on his coat and hat.
- Extract from : « The Best Short Stories of 1920 » by Various
- They could not escape by rocket-power and their Lawlor drives, also, were ineffective.
- Extract from : « Sand Doom » by William Fitzgerald Jenkins
- And to-day "the smudge" has grown more than ever ineffective.
- Extract from : « Women's Wild Oats » by C. Gasquoine Hartley
- The Terrestrial then turned on his rays, but found that they were ineffective.
- Extract from : « Triplanetary » by Edward Elmer Smith
- An ideal suspended in a vacuum is ineffective: it must point a dynamic current.
- Extract from : « A Preface to Politics » by Walter Lippmann
- But the verses written by command for Fouquet are laboured and ineffective.
- Extract from : « A History of French Literature » by Edward Dowden
Antonyms for ineffective
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019