Synonyms for fruitless
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : froot-lis|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈfrut lɪs|
Top 10 synonyms for fruitless Other synonyms for the word fruitless
Définition of fruitlessOrigin :
- mid-14c., "unprofitable," from fruit + -less. Meaning "barren, sterile" is from 1510s. Related: Fruitlessly.
- adj bringing no advantage, product
- The owners of the factory wasted no time in fruitless sorrow.
- Extract from : « Cleveland Past and Present » by Maurice Joblin
- I must thank you that I did not take a fruitless journey into Bristol.
- Extract from : « Micah Clarke » by Arthur Conan Doyle
- He foresaw that any attempt at exculpation would be as fruitless as dangerous.
- Extract from : « Gomez Arias » by Joaqun Telesforo de Trueba y Coso
- Christians around us living a sickly, feeble, fruitless life!
- Extract from : « The Ministry of Intercession » by Andrew Murray
- It was mere sophistry, and deceiving, fruitless, and unprofitable.
- Extract from : « Selections from the Table Talk of Martin Luther » by Martin Luther
- Labouring in vain, he must end in hating himself and his fruitless occupation?
- Extract from : « The Republic » by Plato
- He had just returned from a fruitless pursuit of the raiders.
- Extract from : « The Night Riders » by Ridgwell Cullum
- Brown thought and guessed and surmised, but guesses and surmises were fruitless.
- Extract from : « The Woman-Haters » by Joseph C. Lincoln
- Each had the same story to tell, that the search had been a fruitless one.
- Extract from : « Buffalo Bill's Spy Trailer » by Colonel Prentiss Ingraham
- Until they found the other horses in the stables pursuit was fruitless.
- Extract from : « The Vagrant Duke » by George Gibbs
Antonyms for fruitless
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019