Synonyms for horseplay
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : hawrs-pley|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈhɔrsˌpleɪ|
Top 10 synonyms for horseplay Other synonyms for the word horseplay
Définition of horseplayOrigin :
- "rough, excessive play," 1580s, from horse (n.) with its associations of "strong, coarse" + play (n.).
- noun rough play
- David Griffith, let the child alone; he has not been used to your horseplay.'
- Extract from : « The Fairchild Family » by Mary Martha Sherwood
- But the steady concert of the snoring sleepers was unbroken by any horseplay.
- Extract from : « Out of the Depths » by Robert Ames Bennet
- But the spirit of the whole controversy is in fact a spirit of horseplay.
- Extract from : « A History of English Literature » by George Saintsbury
- Of course, there was some horseplay in which even Phil Franklin indulged.
- Extract from : « The Rover Boys at Big Horn Ranch » by Edward Stratemeyer
- There was a good deal of horseplay, and also something in the way of hazing.
- Extract from : « The Rover Boys at Colby Hall » by Arthur M. Winfield
- But their usual escapades of horseplay are not to my taste—I prefer fighting to that.
- Extract from : « The Admiral » by Douglas Sladen
- There was to be no giggling, no whispering in corners, nor was there to be any horseplay.
- Extract from : « All Sorts and Conditions of Men » by Walter Besant
- He was determined to break up the horseplay if it could possibly be accomplished.
- Extract from : « The Putnam Hall Encampment » by Arthur M. Winfield
- One finds no horseplay in the fun of these genuine humourists.
- Extract from : « A Book of Burlesque » by Willam Davenport Adams
- They begin in horseplay among the lads at the street corner.
- Extract from : « The Criminal & the Community » by James Devon
Words or expressions associated with your search
- back wrong horse
- backed wrong horse
- carriage horse
- chalk horse
- charley horse
- dark horse
- dead horse
- eat like a horse
- hold your horses
- horse and buggy
- horse around
- horse opera
- horse race
- horse sense
- horse soldiers
- horse tail
- horse trader
- horse tranquilizer
- hunting horse
- knock high horse
- knock off high horse
- knocked off high horse
- knocking off high horse
- man on horseback
- old war-horse
- on a high horse
- on high horse
- on one's high horse
- one-horse town
- pack horse
- pale horse
- stalking horse
- Trojan horse
- war horse
- war horses
- white horse
- Yankee horse trader
- yankee horse traders
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019