Synonyms for entity
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : en-ti-tee|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈɛn tɪ ti|
Top 10 synonyms for entity Other synonyms for the word entity
Définition of entityOrigin :
- 1590s, from Late Latin entitatem (nominative entitas), from ens (genitive entis) "a thing," proposed by Caesar as present participle of esse "be" (see is), to render Greek philosophical term to on "that which is" (from neuter of present participle of einai "to be;" see essence). Originally abstract; concrete sense in English is from 1620s.
- noun object that exists
- noun nature of a being
- It would not be in keeping with His economy to have any entity wasted.
- Extract from : « The Conquest of Fear » by Basil King
- "The town" was an entity of which each man felt himself a part.
- Extract from : « The Siege of Boston » by Allen French
- But is to lose "one's" chance of attaining soul, self, or entity.
- Extract from : « The Book of the Damned » by Charles Fort
- This entity was supposed to be 'John King,' the psychic's control.
- Extract from : « The Shadow World » by Hamlin Garland
- He continues to live, but he has lost his integrity as an entity.
- Extract from : « Cubs of the Wolf » by Raymond F. Jones
- Some form of entity with far greater intelligence than we possess.
- Extract from : « Ten From Infinity » by Paul W. Fairman
- To him as a monist, the soul (as an entity apart from the body) did not exist.
- Extract from : « The Tyranny of the Dark » by Hamlin Garland
- The little street was not there, as it was never there for him, as an entity.
- Extract from : « Christmas » by Zona Gale
- Such an entity is supposed to have fecundity, fidelity, longevity.
- Extract from : « The Civilization of Illiteracy » by Mihai Nadin
- If it is an entity, what right have its makers to control it and use it as a tool?
- Extract from : « The Short Life » by Francis Donovan
Antonyms for entity
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019