Synonyms for actuality
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ak-choo-al-i-tee|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌæk tʃuˈæl ɪ ti|
Top 10 synonyms for actuality
Définition of actualityOrigin :
- late 14c., "power, efficacy," from Old French actualite and directly from Medieval Latin actualitatem (nominative actualitas), from Late Latin actualis (see actual). A Latin loan-translation of Greek energeia. Meaning "state of being real" is from 1670s (actualities "existing conditions" is from 1660s).
- Mod. use of actuality in the sense of realism, contact with the contemporary, is due to Fr. actualité, from actuel, which does not mean actual, real, but now existing, up to date. [Weekley]
- noun something that truly exists, is real
- Its hardness, solidity, and actuality could not be gainsaid.
- Extract from : « The Conquest of Fear » by Basil King
- She saw all this mentally; but would it avail anything in actuality?
- Extract from : « Thoroughbreds » by W. A. Fraser
- A tale comparable to “Convict 99” in its actuality and holding interest.
- Extract from : « The White Lie » by William Le Queux
- It is an actuality,—an active, aggressive, and progressive reality.
- Extract from : « Masterpieces of Negro Eloquence » by Various
- But awakened to the actuality of what he now had dared, he was ashamed to go further.
- Extract from : « Gilian The Dreamer » by Neil Munro
- It is in such things that the detective of actuality differs from the detective of fiction.
- Extract from : « The Grell Mystery » by Frank Froest
- We must therefore also have Rest Camps in name if not in actuality.
- Extract from : « The Fifth Battalion Highland Light Infantry in the War 1914-1918 » by F.L. Morrison
- No two observers ever saw it alike, and no imagination could vision the actuality.
- Extract from : « Space Viking » by Henry Beam Piper
- She believes in the actuality of life, and in her own part therein.
- Extract from : « The Home » by Fredrika Bremer
- Being metal, they could not, of actuality, be carried into the transition.
- Extract from : « The White Invaders » by Raymond King Cummings
Antonyms for actuality
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019