Synonyms for achievement
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-cheev-muhnt|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈtʃiv mənt|
Top 10 synonyms for achievement Other synonyms for the word achievement
Définition of achievementOrigin :
- late 15c., "act of completing" (something), from Middle French achèvement "a finishing," noun of action from Old French achever (see achieve). Meaning "thing achieved" is recorded from 1590s.
- noun something completed successfully; goal reached
- It must be a worldwide effort for the achievement of peace, plenty, and freedom.
- Extract from : « United States Presidents' Inaugural Speeches » by Various
- But the loneliness was lighted by a glow of pride, of triumph, of achievement.
- Extract from : « The Incomplete Amorist » by E. Nesbit
- To those that survived it was not tragedy, but realisation and achievement.
- Extract from : « White Fang » by Jack London
- Self-assertion can never be the best preparation for achievement.
- Extract from : « The Truth About Woman » by C. Gasquoine Hartley
- The importance of this achievement to the Allies is not likely to be overestimated.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Great War, Volume III (of VIII) » by Various
- That, Harte hints, is the achievement of scribblers like Blackmore (p. 12).
- Extract from : « An Essay on Satire, Particularly on the Dunciad » by Walter Harte
- The achievement of this work is to be accomplished by us jointly.
- Extract from : « Latin America and the United States » by Elihu Root
- It was a characteristic Hooverian achievement in the face of imminent disaster.
- Extract from : « Herbert Hoover » by Vernon Kellogg
- After this achievement he advanced from the seaboard and encamped in Leuctra on Thespian territory.
- Extract from : « Hellenica » by Xenophon
- Here was an achievement which showed the genius of a general, as all agreed.
- Extract from : « Agesilaus » by Xenophon
Antonyms for achievement
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019