Synonyms for accomplishment
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-kom-plish-muhnt|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈkɒm plɪʃ mənt|
Top 10 synonyms for accomplishment Other synonyms for the word accomplishment
Définition of accomplishmentOrigin :
- early 15c., "performance of a task; state of completion," from Old French acomplissement "action of accomplishing," from acomplir (see accomplish). Meaning "thing completed" and that of "something that completes" someone and fits him or her for society are from c.1600.
- noun something successfully done, completed
- We are not a people which has accomplished much, but one on the way to accomplishment.
- Extract from : « The Conquest of Fear » by Basil King
- Like the Admirable Crichton, no art is to her unknown, no accomplishment by her neglected.
- Extract from : « The Bacillus of Beauty » by Harriet Stark
- He resumed his labours, thrilled with the sensation of accomplishment.
- Extract from : « The Fortune Hunter » by Louis Joseph Vance
- In fact it is considered an accomplishment to lie cheerfully and well.
- Extract from : « The Long Labrador Trail » by Dillon Wallace
- But the perseverance of a bad mind in the accomplishment of a bad action is not to be subdued.
- Extract from : « Beaux and Belles of England » by Mary Robinson
- An end which is the child's own carries him on to possess the means of its accomplishment.
- Extract from : « The Child and the Curriculum » by John Dewey
- It is our duty to our descendants to contribute as far as is in our power to its accomplishment.
- Extract from : « The Sexual Question » by August Forel
- He wished to ingratiate himself, and proceeded to show off his one accomplishment.
- Extract from : « Jan and Her Job » by L. Allen Harker
- Music was the accomplishment in which the Queen most delighted.
- Extract from : « Memoirs Of The Court Of Marie Antoinette, Queen Of France, Complete » by Madame Campan
- What action ought our Government to take for the accomplishment of this just purpose?
- Extract from : « Latin America and the United States » by Elihu Root
Antonyms for accomplishment
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019