Synonyms for enact
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : en-akt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ɛnˈækt|
Top 10 synonyms for enact Other synonyms for the word enact
- appear as
- bring about
- carry through
- get the floor
- go on
- jam through
- make into law
- make laws
- play the part of
- put in force
- put through
- railroad through
- vote favorably
- vote in
Définition of enactOrigin :
- early 15c., from en- (1) "make, put in" + act. Related: Enacted; enacting.
- verb act out; accomplish
- verb authorize, legislate
- Americans are called to enact this promise in our lives and in our laws.
- Extract from : « United States Presidents' Inaugural Speeches » by Various
- Enact on the hypothesis that it is right to do what is good?
- Extract from : « The Memorabilia » by Xenophon
- Was it that he was more likely to enact the vengeance she thirsted for than the old Baronet?
- Extract from : « One Of Them » by Charles James Lever
- No one would have the United States play the role of a bully, or enact the demagogue.
- Extract from : « The Arena » by Various
- It was an amusing rehearsal of what you will begin to enact in reality some of these days.
- Extract from : « Olive » by Dinah Maria Craik, (AKA Dinah Maria Mulock)
- I embrace for example an ideal, and I seek to enact this ideal in the person of another.
- Extract from : « Fantasia of the Unconscious » by D. H. Lawrence
- The ‘scene’ was over, and we all leaped to our feet to enact the finale.
- Extract from : « The Desert Home » by Mayne Reid
- Legislatures were duly elected, and proceeded to enact laws.
- Extract from : « The Negro and the Nation » by George S. Merriam
- The best that is possible is to enact laws that encourage the best in men as they are.
- Extract from : « The Principles of Economics » by Frank A. Fetter
- But he played it as well as any of the parts he had set himself to enact.
- Extract from : « The Secret of the Silver Car » by Wyndham Martyn
Antonyms for enact
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019