Synonyms for ratify
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : rat-uh-fahy|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈræt əˌfaɪ|
Top 10 synonyms for ratify Other synonyms for the word ratify
Définition of ratifyOrigin :
- mid-14c., from Old French ratifier (13c.), from Medieval Latin ratificare "confirm, approve," literally "fix by reckoning," from Latin ratus "fixed by calculation; determined; approved; certain, sure; valid" (past participle adjective from reri "to reckon, think;" see reason (v.)) + root of facere "to make" (see factitious). Related: Ratified; ratifying.
- verb affirm, authorize
- Take them to the Kadi after prayers in the morning, and he will ratify your title.
- Extract from : « The Scapegoat » by Hall Caine
- But Mary would not ratify it—at least so far as this last article was concerned.
- Extract from : « Queen Elizabeth » by Jacob Abbott
- And Magennis grasped him in his own strong fingers to ratify the contract.
- Extract from : « The Martins Of Cro' Martin, Vol. I (of II) » by Charles James Lever
- What you will sign is a promise to ratify the treaty on your accession to the throne.
- Extract from : « The Traitors » by E. Phillips (Edward Phillips) Oppenheim
- Are you ready to ratify the words when His emptying begins to come?
- Extract from : « Parables of the Cross » by I. Lilias Trotter
- The first act of the new legislature was to ratify the Fourteenth Amendment.
- Extract from : « The Journal of Negro History, Volume 2, 1917 » by Various
- Laws and statesmen for the most part indicate and ratify, but do not create.
- Extract from : « Historical and Political Essays » by William Edward Hartpole Lecky
- It was no time or place to ratify a compact for her husband in his absence.
- Extract from : « Deerbrook » by Harriet Martineau
- To the other Italian powers a month was allowed to ratify the treaty.
- Extract from : « History Of Florence And Of The Affairs Of Italy » by Niccolo Machiavelli
- He was so willing that he sent an envoy to Boston to ratify a treaty.
- Extract from : « The Rise of Canada, from Barbarism to Wealth and Civilisation » by Charles Roger
Antonyms for ratify
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019