Synonyms for distribute
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : dih-strib-yoot|
|Phonetic Transcription : dɪˈstrɪb yut|
Top 10 synonyms for distribute Other synonyms for the word distribute
- cut up
- deal out
- dish out
- divvy up
- dole out
- fork out
- give away
- hand out
- lot out
- measure out
- pass out
- pay out
- shell out
- slice up
Définition of distributeOrigin :
- early 15c., "to deal out or apportion," from Latin distributus, past participle of distribuere "to divide, distribute" (see distribution). Related: Distributable; distributed; distributing.
- verb allocate, deliver, spread
- verb classify
- This will mix all the food and distribute the moisture equally.
- Extract from : « Woman's Institute Library of Cookery, Vol. 5 » by Woman's Institute of Domestic Arts and Sciences
- Angelique herself could not distribute much money, as she had none.
- Extract from : « The Dream » by Emile Zola
- She could distribute, and did distribute pretty looks and smiles to every one among them.
- Extract from : « Little Dorrit » by Charles Dickens
- How could the sacristans manage to distribute the holy vestments and the cloths?
- Extract from : « The Three Cities Trilogy, Complete » by Emile Zola
- It took about fifty of us several hours to distribute these presents.
- Extract from : « Freeland » by Theodor Hertzka
- At the close of the repast, Mr Leach commissioned me to distribute 1lb.
- Extract from : « Adventures and Recollections » by Bill o'th' Hoylus End
- Epimetheus said to Prometheus: 'Let me distribute, and do you inspect.'
- Extract from : « Protagoras » by Plato
- How are we to distribute the spoil alone, without your men and yourself?
- Extract from : « Cyropaedia » by Xenophon
- The medals of his Holiness have done well, but I only distribute them in the lower ranks.
- Extract from : « Tony Butler » by Charles James Lever
- He was asked to distribute the diplomas, and he undertook the work in his own way.
- Extract from : « Mark Twain, A Biography, 1835-1910, Complete » by Albert Bigelow Paine
Antonyms for distribute
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019