Synonyms for deduction
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : dih-duhk-shuh n|
|Phonetic Transcription : dɪˈdʌk ʃən|
Top 10 synonyms for deduction Other synonyms for the word deduction
Définition of deductionOrigin :
- early 15c., "action of deducting," from Middle French déduction or directly from Latin deductionem (nominative deductio), noun of action from past participle stem of deducere (see deduce). Meaning "that which is deducted" is from 1540s. As a term in logic, from Late Latin use of deductio as a loan-translation of Greek apagoge.
- noun conclusion, understanding
- noun something subtracted
- Intellectually I may make mistakes in deduction, but spiritually I cannot but find God.
- Extract from : « The Conquest of Fear » by Basil King
- I'll give about eight thousand with a deduction on account of the glades.
- Extract from : « Master and Man » by Leo Tolstoy
- His art is less for every deduction from his holiness, and less for every defect of common sense.
- Extract from : « Essays, First Series » by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- That is not a matter of opinion, not a matter of inference or deduction.
- Extract from : « The Life of Cesare Borgia » by Raphael Sabatini
- My deduction is that those signals did not and could not cause the explosion.
- Extract from : « The Destroyer » by Burton Egbert Stevenson
- This deduction was strengthened when Rathburn suddenly pointed toward the east.
- Extract from : « The Coyote » by James Roberts
- Any deduction from this monopoly must bring down her rival in proportion to this deduction.
- Extract from : « Patrick Henry » by Moses Coit Tyler
- This deduction was based, not upon guesswork, but upon experience.
- Extract from : « The Wall Street Girl » by Frederick Orin Bartlett
- It is easy to make the deduction requisite to such an understanding.
- Extract from : « Charles Lever, His Life in His Letters, Vol. I (of II) » by Edmund Downey
- What I really wanted from her was an inspection of the book and blotter, and a deduction from it.
- Extract from : « The Million-Dollar Suitcase » by Alice MacGowan
Antonyms for deduction
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019