Synonyms for reduction
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ri-duhk-shuh n|
|Phonetic Transcription : rɪˈdʌk ʃən|
Top 10 synonyms for reduction Other synonyms for the word reduction
Définition of reductionOrigin :
- early 15c., "a restoring to a former state; a subjugation" (of a people, etc.), from Middle French reducion (13c., Modern French réduction) and directly from Latin reductionem (nominative reductio) "a leading back, restoration," noun of action from past participle stem of reducere (see reduce). Meaning "diminution, a lessening" is from 1670s; chemical sense of "reversion to a simpler form" is from 1660s.
- noun decline
- Gotleib contended that Arledge could sustain the reduction required.
- Extract from : « The Spenders » by Harry Leon Wilson
- As a rule, however, the associations will not hear of even such a reduction.
- Extract from : « Freeland » by Theodor Hertzka
- The reduction in rent in this case was at least a third of the total.
- Extract from : « The Enclosures in England » by Harriett Bradley
- His debts of 1000 had been paid, and his allowance of 300 threatened with the reduction of a third.
- Extract from : « James Boswell » by William Keith Leask
- This chute, Fuller had said, led to the outside at the back of the reduction plant.
- Extract from : « Vulcan's Workshop » by Harl Vincent
- The reduction of the law of nations to a system was reserved for Grotius.
- Extract from : « A Discourse on the Study of the Law of Nature and Nations » by James Mackintosh
- I should give a conditional acceptance, and treat for a reduction of the amount.'
- Extract from : « Lord Kilgobbin » by Charles Lever
- The reduction of the penalty, however, made this of small avail.
- Extract from : « The History of Woman Suffrage, Volume IV » by Various
- Second: Date of the first reduction to writing, or the preparation of drawings.
- Extract from : « Practical Mechanics for Boys » by J. S. Zerbe
- One method of solution was the reduction of one problem to another.
- Extract from : « The Legacy of Greece » by Various
Antonyms for reduction
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019