Synonyms for airiness
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : air-ee-nis|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈɛər i nɪs|
Top 10 synonyms for airiness Other synonyms for the word airiness
Définition of airiness
- As in lightness : noun the state of being light
- As in buoyancy/buoyance : noun lightness in weight
- As in delicacy : noun daintiness, fineness of structure
- Stables and neat-houses were the perfection of cleanliness and airiness.
- Extract from : « In the Heart of Vosges » by Matilda Betham-Edwards
- The airiness of the walls was a relief to him after the infected room.
- Extract from : « The Mermaid » by Lily Dougall
- Yet acuteness of psychology is never sacrificed to airiness of style.
- Extract from : « Modernities » by Horace Barnett Samuel
- It is not for me to strive to be wafted away into the airiness of an Angel.
- Extract from : « Glimpses of Bengal » by Sir Rabindranath Tagore
- At the mention of "Ned Napier" the clerk's airiness disappeared.
- Extract from : « The Air Ship Boys » by H.L. Sayler
- Nothing could exceed the airiness of this pretty contrivance.
- Extract from : « The World and Its People: Book VII » by Anna B. Badlam
- "I am not the sort of wife you want," she said, with an attempt of airiness.
- Extract from : « The Virginian » by Owen Wister
- A ceiling, if lighter in tone than the walls, gives a sense of airiness to a room.
- Extract from : « The Art of Interior Decoration » by Grace Wood
- But answering her banter he once caught an expression behind her airiness.
- Extract from : « If Winter Comes » by A.S.M. Hutchinson
- For all its airiness, his verse was thrown off by a mind no stranger to thought and research.
- Extract from : « Shelley » by Sydney Waterlow
Antonyms for airiness
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019