Synonyms for aimlessly
|Grammar : Adv|
|Spell : eym-lis|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈeɪm lɪs|
Top 10 synonyms for aimlessly
- by chance
- in all directions
Définition of aimlesslyOrigin :
- 1620s, from aim (n.) + -less. Related: Aimlessly; aimlessness.
- As in casually : adv incidentally
- As in haphazardly : adv unexpectedly
- As in incoherently : adv inarticulately
- As in blindly : adv without direction, purpose
- She had one end of the shawl between her fingers and was twisting it aimlessly.
- Extract from : « The Underdog » by F. Hopkinson Smith
- Aimlessly wandering about Last Chance, sir, harmless and to be pitied.
- Extract from : « Buffalo Bill's Spy Trailer » by Colonel Prentiss Ingraham
- She seemed to be existing without an excuse; aimlessly, soullessly.
- Extract from : « Garrison's Finish » by W. B. M. Ferguson
- His eyes roamed about aimlessly for a moment, then became still.
- Extract from : « Tales of Unrest » by Joseph Conrad
- At last he rose and aimlessly paced the floor once or twice.
- Extract from : « The Grell Mystery » by Frank Froest
- He hung about aimlessly, watching the game at the one occupied table.
- Extract from : « Gigolo » by Edna Ferber
- With that he re-entered his shop, while I strolled on at first aimlessly down the street.
- Extract from : « Chatterbox, 1905. » by Various
- Some one seemed to be walking about aimlessly, as if uncertain where to knock.
- Extract from : « The Rich Little Poor Boy » by Eleanor Gates
- In panic, he began to run too, aimlessly, he knew not whither.
- Extract from : « The Wind in the Willows » by Kenneth Grahame
- He watched her, and glanced only at intervals at the wood he was aimlessly shaving.
- Extract from : « No Clue » by James Hay
Antonyms for aimlessly
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019