Synonyms for accidentally
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : ak-si-den-tl|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌæk sɪˈdɛn tl|
Définition of accidentallyOrigin :
- late 14c., "non-essentially," also "unnaturally," from accidental + -ly (2). Meaning "unintentionally" is recorded from 1580s; phrase accidentally on purpose is recorded from 1862.
- adj by chance
- He said he was out hunting with a friend, and his friend's gun went off accidentally.
- Extract from : « Brave and Bold » by Horatio Alger
- When accidentally struck by the janitor's broom, he gives off a cloud of dust.
- Extract from : « The Devil's Dictionary » by Ambrose Bierce
- The eldest of these is accidentally killed by the second, 2440.
- Extract from : « Beowulf » by Unknown
- Perhaps we may come upon it accidentally in the course of the play.
- Extract from : « Echoes of the War » by J. M. Barrie
- I am in no hurry for all, or any of these, but if you accidentally meet with them very-cheap, get them for me.
- Extract from : « The Letters of Robert Burns » by Robert Burns
- On accidentally examining these cards, Essper detected they were marked.
- Extract from : « Vivian Grey » by Earl of Beaconsfield, Benjamin Disraeli
- In the early copies of 1893 this line was accidentally omitted.
- Extract from : « The Complete Poetical Works of Samuel Taylor Coleridge » by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- We have no right to connect statements which are only accidentally similar.
- Extract from : « Charmides » by Plato
- Jackson made a brusque movement, and accidentally touched the guitar.
- Extract from : « Tales of Unrest » by Joseph Conrad
- That confounded Versoy shoved his nose into that business; he says accidentally.
- Extract from : « The Arrow of Gold » by Joseph Conrad
Words or expressions associated with your search
- accident prone
- accidentally on purpose
- by accident
- freak accident
- happy accident
- inevitable accident
- nuclear accident
- nuclear accidents
- nuclear meltdown accident
- Sabin vaccine
- sabin vaccines
- Salk vaccine
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019