Synonyms for affirmatively
|Grammar : Adv|
|Spell : uh-fur-muh-tiv|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈfɜr mə tɪv|
Top 10 synonyms for affirmatively
Définition of affirmativelyOrigin :
- mid-15c., from affirmative + -ly (2).
- As in agreeably : adv willingly, assenting; pleasantly; in keeping
- So much is shown, affirmatively and negatively, by the election.
- Extract from : « The Papers And Writings Of Abraham Lincoln, Volume Seven » by Abraham Lincoln
- These were questions which occurred to everyone, and many answered them affirmatively.
- Extract from : « The River War » by Winston S. Churchill
- If affirmatively, George supposes again that there's an end of it.
- Extract from : « Ginger-Snaps » by Fanny Fern
- Yet she had said it, and women do not lie (affirmatively) about such a matter.
- Extract from : « Joan of the Sword Hand » by S(amuel) R(utherford) Crockett
- My own mind was fully made up on that point, and affirmatively so.
- Extract from : « Parasites » by T. Spencer Cobbold
- He added, rather interrogatively than affirmatively, "In the right spirit."
- Extract from : « The Minister's Charge » by William Dean Howells
- Affirmatively, the voice vibrates with the individual message.
- Extract from : « Expressive Voice Culture » by Jessie Eldridge Southwick
- Hollister looked grave, then smiled, then affirmatively nodded.
- Extract from : « An Ambitious Woman » by Edgar Fawcett
- May be predicated in like manner (affirmatively or negatively) of the latter term (or part of it).
- Extract from : « Logic » by Carveth Read
- Nor did he deny it affirmatively—other than the remark that you have recorded in your memorandum?
- Extract from : « Warren Commission (1 of 26): Hearings Vol. I (of 15) » by The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
Antonyms for affirmatively
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019