Synonyms for advocating
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : verb ad-vuh-keyt; noun ad-vuh-kit, -keyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : verb ˈæd vəˌkeɪt; noun ˈæd və kɪt, -ˌkeɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for advocating Other synonyms for the word advocating
- argue for
- be in corner
- brace up
- build up
- get on bandwagon
- give a leg up
- give a lift
- go for
- go to bat for
- go with
- hold with
- plead for
- plump for
- ride shotgun for
- root for
- run interference for
- say so
- speak for
- spread around
- stump for
Définition of advocatingOrigin :
- 1640s, from advocate (n.). Related: Advocated; advocating; advocation.
- verb support idea or cause publicly
- This last speech was most unhappy and impolitic for the side he was advocating.
- Extract from : « The Continental Monthly, Vol. 6, No 2, August, 1864 » by Various
- I am quite aware of the dangers of this new departure which I am advocating.
- Extract from : « The Preacher and His Models » by James Stalker
- From Jefferson's time Southern statesmen had been advocating the purchase of Cuba.
- Extract from : « The American Empire » by Scott Nearing
- “I bet they been advocating the taking of us in,” chuckled Jimmy.
- Extract from : « Mr. Opp » by Alice Hegan Rice
- Of his earnestness in advocating it there was not the slightest question.
- Extract from : « The Flag » by Homer Greene
- Remember how earnest she was in advocating the Anti-duelling Act.
- Extract from : « The Shadow of the Czar » by John R. Carling
- Was it, this time, advocating causes, or entering into inquiries?
- Extract from : « A Likely Story » by William De Morgan
- We are not now advocating an unrestrained privilege of debate.
- Extract from : « Abridgement of the Debates of Congress, from 1789 to 1856 (4 of 16 vol.) » by Various
- Do you mean to tell me that you're advocating marriage by capture?
- Extract from : « Angel Island » by Inez Haynes Gillmore
- The point, however, that we are advocating is not a party question.
- Extract from : « Chats on Angling » by H. V. Hart-Davis
Antonyms for advocating
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019