Synonyms for adoringly
|Grammar : Adv|
|Spell : uh-dawr, uh-dohr|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈdɔr, əˈdoʊr|
Top 10 synonyms for adoringly
Définition of adoringlyOrigin :
- late 14c., aouren, "to worship, pay divine honors to, bow down before," from Old French aorer "to adore, worship, praise" (10c.), from Latin adorare "speak to formally, beseech, ask in prayer," in Late Latin "to worship," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + orare "speak formally, pray" (see orator). Meaning "to honor very highly" is attested from 1590s; weakened sense of "to be very fond of" emerged by 1880s. Related: Adored; adoring.
- As in lovingly : adv tenderly
- As in tenderly : adv lovingly
- "Betty, Betty, you're so wonderful," cried Mollie adoringly.
- Extract from : « The Outdoor Girls at Bluff Point » by Laura Lee Hope
- He did love her, love her adoringly, as he loved what was great and lofty in art.
- Extract from : « What the Moon Saw: and Other Tales » by Hans Christian Andersen
- Then she backed off, and stood gazing down upon the two of them adoringly.
- Extract from : « The Brentons » by Anna Chapin Ray
- Cissy paused for breath, and her lover looked at her adoringly.
- Extract from : « Pretty Geraldine, the New York Salesgirl » by Mrs. Alex. McVeigh Miller
- From the moment I met you I loved you, loved you blindly, adoringly, madly!
- Extract from : « Lady Windermere's Fan » by Oscar Wilde
- That which the subsidence revealed, adoringly she called her Huggo.
- Extract from : « This Freedom » by A. S. M. Hutchinson
- Perhaps it was because they all treated him so adoringly that he was tired of them.
- Extract from : « The Genius » by Con Pederson
- He held his head up in a fine triumph, and she watched him adoringly.
- Extract from : « What Diantha Did » by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Landon had gone to meet his bride gallantly, adoringly, that day.
- Extract from : « The Pursuit » by Frank (Frank Mackenzie) Savile
- John Ring used to handle it adoringly, and kept it polished to brilliancy.
- Extract from : « Acres of Diamonds » by Russell H. Conwell
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019