Synonyms for administering
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : ad-min-uh-ster|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈmɪn ə stər|
Top 10 synonyms for administering Other synonyms for the word administering
- be in the driver's seat
- be in the saddle
- crack the whip
- dole out
- head up
- hold the reins
- measure out
- mete out
- pull the strings
- pull the wires
- ride herd on
- run the show
- sit on top of
Définition of administeringOrigin :
- late 14c., administren, aministren "to manage as a steward," from Old French amenistrer "help, aid, be of service to" (12c., Modern French administrer, the -d- restored 16c.), and directly from Latin administrare "manage, control, guide, superintend; rule direct," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + ministrare "serve" (see minister (v.)). Used of medicine, etc., "to give," from 1540s. Related: Administered; administering.
- verb manage an organization or effort
- verb dispense something needed
- But I have not what is necessary for administering the last sacraments.
- Extract from : « The Three Cities Trilogy, Complete » by Emile Zola
- That justice it is my joy to feel that my hand has brought its administering about.
- Extract from : « The Golden Woman » by Ridgwell Cullum
- Administering reproof and punishment for offences as they occur.
- Extract from : « The Teacher » by Jacob Abbott
- Fuseli thought the occasion a worthy one for administering a rebuke.
- Extract from : « Art in England » by Dutton Cook
- A more insulting method of administering a rebuke could not have been devised.
- Extract from : « John Quincy Adams » by John. T. Morse
- I actually wound up by administering some sal-volatile to her.'
- Extract from : « Robert Elsmere » by Mrs. Humphry Ward
- He had a most efficacious method of administering consolation.
- Extract from : « My Ten Years' Imprisonment » by Silvio Pellico
- Some notes on the best method of administering these principles.
- Extract from : « The Settlement of Wage Disputes » by Herbert Feis
- The rules of administering this potency are the same as those for the exhibition of the 30th.
- Extract from : « Apis Mellifica » by C. W. Wolf
- It is his estate which Farrington is supposed to be administering.
- Extract from : « The Secret House » by Edgar Wallace
Antonyms for administering
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019