Synonyms for adapters
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-dap-ter|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈdæp tər|
Top 10 synonyms for adapters Other synonyms for the word adapters
Définition of adaptersOrigin :
- 1801, agent noun from adapt. Electrical engineering sense from 1907.
- As in attachment : noun fastening
- As in attachment : noun something joined, fastened to another
- As in translator : noun interpreter
- The boosters and adapters that went with this type were unfamiliar to our industry.
- Extract from : « America's Munitions 1917-1918 » by Benedict Crowell
- It may be suggested that Shakespeare was one of the most persistent of adapters.
- Extract from : « Our Stage and Its Critics » by "E.F.S." of "The Westminster Gazette"
- Either I must have grievously awakened the ire of all the "adapters" and their friends, or the drama must be decidedly bad.
- Extract from : « The Letters of Charles Dickens » by Charles Dickens
- Using the rings, which were adapters, he fitted the camera to the eyepiece of the telescope.
- Extract from : « The Flying Stingaree » by Harold Leland Goodwin
- Ever the adapters, the former communist elites converted to ardent capitalism.
- Extract from : « After the Rain » by Sam Vaknin
- Most of our American "advanced critics" are merely translators and adapters of German work.
- Extract from : « The Things Which Remain » by Daniel A. Goodsell
- The adapters and story-tellers differ much in their views on these questions.
- Extract from : « Children's Literature » by Charles Madison Curry
- Should his followers, however, shrink from downright theft, they might consent to shine as adapters.
- Extract from : « Lippincott's Magazine, Vol. 22, August, 1878 » by Various
- The first case produced a complete chemical cutting unit, with an assortment of cutting tips and adapters.
- Extract from : « Rip Foster in Ride the Gray Planet » by Harold Leland Goodwin
- Labriola, moreover, has a special merit, which marks him off from the ordinary exponents and adapters of historical materialism.
- Extract from : « Historical materialism and the economics of Karl Marx » by Benedetto Croce
Antonyms for adapters
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019