Synonyms for adapter
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-dap-ter|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈdæp tər|
Top 10 synonyms for adapter Other synonyms for the word adapter
Définition of adapterOrigin :
- 1801, agent noun from adapt. Electrical engineering sense from 1907.
- As in attachment : noun fastening
- As in attachment : noun something joined, fastened to another
- As in translator : noun interpreter
- Poems by Collin and Carpani, the adapter of the text, were presented to him.
- Extract from : « The Standard Oratorios » by George P. Upton
- These reveal Shakespeare undisguisedly as an adapter of plays by other hands.
- Extract from : « A Life of William Shakespeare » by Sidney Lee
- Sometimes he takes his adapter with him to see these French plays.
- Extract from : « Ainslee's magazine, Volume 16, No. 2, September, 1905 » by Various
- Burton, indeed, hailed the adapter of Omar Khayyam as a "fellow Sufi."
- Extract from : « The Life of Sir Richard Burton » by Thomas Wright
- The hand of the adapter, the interpolator and the reviser is unmistakably present.
- Extract from : « The Truth About Jesus is He a Myth? » by M. M. Mangasarian
- This we should of course expect from an adapter of existing 'prophecies.'
- Extract from : « The Making of the New Testament » by Benjamin W. Bacon
- The prism and eye-piece are then rotated together in the adapter.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 13, Slice 2 » by Various
- But Assyria itself had been equally an adapter and intermediary.
- Extract from : « The Library Magazine of Select Foreign Literature » by Various
- Don't try to slide the adapter into the opening from the top.
- Extract from : « The Science of Fingerprints » by Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Did the adapter of the fifth book sign his work in this indirect fashion?
- Extract from : « Gargantua and Pantagruel, Complete. » by Francois Rabelais
Antonyms for adapter
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019