Synonyms for wisecrack
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : wahyz-krak|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈwaɪzˌkræk|
Top 10 synonyms for wisecrack Other synonyms for the word wisecrack
Définition of wisecrackOrigin :
- 1924, from wise (adj.) + crack in the "boast" sense (see cracker).
- noun joke
- Freddy Farmer's comment on Dave's wisecrack was a pronounced snort.
- Extract from : « Dave Dawson on Guadalcanal » by Robert Sydney Bowen
- His sense of humor might have got the better of him and brought forth a wisecrack or two.
- Extract from : « The Mystery at Dark Cedars » by Edith Lavell
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019