Synonyms for unwitting
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : uhn-wit-ing|
|Phonetic Transcription : ʌnˈwɪt ɪŋ|
Top 10 synonyms for unwitting Other synonyms for the word unwitting
Définition of unwittingOrigin :
- Old English unwitende, from un- (1) "not" + witting. Cf. Old High German unwizzanti, German unwissend, Old Norse uvitandi, Gothic unwitands. Rare after c.1600; revived c.1800.
- adj without fully realizing
- I followed thee to thy prison, unwitting it would turn into a palace.
- Extract from : « Dreamers of the Ghetto » by I. Zangwill
- With that water aged Iapix washed the wound, unwitting; and suddenly, lo!
- Extract from : « The Aeneid of Virgil » by Virgil
- And did he look so pityingly as you describe, and bless me as I was praying, unwitting of his presence?
- Extract from : « The Golden Dog » by William Kirby
- He is no more in a strait betwixt two, or unwitting what he shall choose.
- Extract from : « Expositions of Holy Scripture » by Alexander Maclaren
- For one second she saw the unwitting, involuntary response in his eyes.
- Extract from : « It Pays to Smile » by Nina Wilcox Putnam
- "I am glad to be the unwitting cause of so many blessings," said Katharine drily.
- Extract from : « The Making of a Prig » by Evelyn Sharp
- She must tell the unwitting Chrie what the future held for her.
- Extract from : « The Outrage » by Annie Vivanti
- It is impossible for a publisher to make an "unwitting" affidavit of that sort.
- Extract from : « Arguments before the Committee on Patents of the House of Representatives, conjointly with the Senate Committee on Patents, on H.R. 19853, to amend and consolidate the acts respecting copyright » by United States Committee on Patents
- She it was, all unwitting of evil, who had thrown them together.
- Extract from : « A Widow's Tale and Other Stories » by Mrs. (Margaret) Oliphant
- In grief and horror at his own unwitting crime, he stabbed and lacerated his own eyes.
- Extract from : « Half a Hundred Hero Tales » by Various
Antonyms for unwitting
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019