Synonyms for aimless
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : eym-lis|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈeɪm lɪs|
Top 10 synonyms for aimless
- fits and starts
Définition of aimlessOrigin :
- 1620s, from aim (n.) + -less. Related: Aimlessly; aimlessness.
- adj having no goal
- After all their piety was aimless and of no utility to humanity.
- Extract from : « Camps, Quarters and Casual Places » by Archibald Forbes
- Aimless also, I turned into the Mall, and again I started at the sight of a known figure.
- Extract from : « Wilfrid Cumbermede » by George MacDonald
- He was crossing the Rue Mont Blanc with every appearance of an aimless stroller.
- Extract from : « Under Western Eyes » by Joseph Conrad
- It might be thought that the fair Frances led an aimless and idle life.
- Extract from : « 'Charge It' » by Irving Bacheller
- Another lot were kicking about a football in an aimless way.
- Extract from : « Follow My leader » by Talbot Baines Reed
- It was only a desperate, convulsive, aimless wriggle that freed him.
- Extract from : « "Wee Tim'rous Beasties" » by Douglas English
- Was there no end to this aimless circling through a world of green smoke?
- Extract from : « Storm Over Warlock » by Andre Norton
- They are as far as possible from being vague, or misty, or aimless.
- Extract from : « Critical Miscellanies (Vol. 3 of 3) » by John Morley
- Let her become an aimless wanderer, whose trail may never be followed.
- Extract from : « The Sacred Formulas of the Cherokees » by James Mooney
- He was walking to and fro in an aimless manner like a headless chicken.
- Extract from : « Bamboo Tales » by Ira L. Reeves
Antonyms for aimless
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019